Birthdays are always an exciting time, filled with color, fun, and happiness! Make your little one feel special with a unique and interesting cake that will also wow your party guests. Simple baking recipes will keep your preparation uncomplicated and will also allow ample time for cooling and decorating.
Once You Have Baked The Cake
Choose a light, delicious and fluffy cake recipe that is ideal for children. When searching for recipes, opt for a healthier option and look for recipes that require margarine in place of butter. Use brightly colored icing, sprinkles, and colored sugar crystals to bring your cake to life. If you are looking for fun and interesting ideas for a birthday cake, take a peek at the two suggestions below.
Animal Cake Pops
These nifty pops are tasty and look great too! Made from a simple cake recipe, these are ideal if you are looking for a little baking challenge. Pick from an array of animals and create a sweet little farmyard. To make the cake pops, you will need the following:
- 1 box cake mix plus necessary ingredients,
- ½ cup buttercream icing,
- 2 packages of colored fondant icing,
- Lollipop sticks,
- Assorted Sprinkles and sweets.
When The Cake Is Cool, Do The Following
- Crumble the cake into a large bowl and add the buttercream icing.
- Mix the crumbs and icing thoroughly and roll the mixture into small balls.
- Place the balls onto a greased tray and pop them into the fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll out the colored fondant icing; make sure that it is enough to cover the ball.
- Insert a lollipop stick into each ball and cover it evenly with the fondant icing.
- Use your sprinkles and sweets to decorate.
Ombre Iced Confetti Cake
If you are looking for a unique cake recipe, an Ombre Iced Confetti Cake is bound to add some color and flair to any celebration! When baking with margarine, your treats will turn out with a light texture and a wholesome taste. Follow this recipe to create the ultimate Ombre cake. You will need four round baking tins as you will need four layers of sponge cake.
Ingredients (Makes one cake)
- 1/2 cup margarine,
- 1/2 cup white sugar,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 cup self-rising flour,
- Food Colouring.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line each cake pan with grease and wax paper.
- Beat the margarine and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy;
- Add the eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the margarine mixture;
- Gradually add food coloring into your mixture, from dark to light;
- Fold the flour into the mixture and pour into the baking tin;
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes;
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Once your layers have cooled, whip up a pastel-colored buttercream icing and layer the colored sponge from dark to light, separated by a generous layer of icing.
Baking the perfect cake requires patience and time but the results are certainly worth it! Surprise your little one with a unique and fascinating cake and savor the special memories year after year.